The unlawful Russian invasion into Ukraine is forcing the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to choose between peace and human rights on the one hand, and neutrality, doping scandals, corruption, and war crimes on the other. So why is the IOC having a hard time deciding?
Do What’s Right.
Stand With Ukraine 🇺🇦
Stand Up For Humanity 🕊️
Today is Sunday, 3 March 2024
Last 7 Downshift Posts
- Andrej Karpathy’s introduction to Large Language Models (LLM)
- Turns out big box retailers would rather complain about shoplifting than invest in fighting it
- Americans with cheap loans don’t want to sell. Those without homes can’t afford to buy.
- Time’s Best Inventions of 2023
- How a small plane’s 16-day trip from Vermont to Florida might foreshadow a new era of battery-powered air
- U.S. dietary guidelines may soon warn against ultraprocessed foods
- How Industrially Produced Edible Substances took over your shopping basket, and what are they doing to us?