Ted-Ed » Decades after the fall of the Third Reich, it feels impossible to understand how Adolf Hitler, the tyrant who orchestrated one of the largest genocides in human history, could ever have risen to power in a democratic country. So how did it happen, and could it happen again? Alex Gendler and Anthony Hazard dive into the history and circumstances that allowed Hitler to become Führer of Germany.
Do What’s Right.
Stand With Ukraine 🇺🇦
Stand Up For Humanity 🕊️
Today is Sunday, 3 March 2024
Last 7 Downshift Posts
- Andrej Karpathy’s introduction to Large Language Models (LLM)
- Turns out big box retailers would rather complain about shoplifting than invest in fighting it
- Americans with cheap loans don’t want to sell. Those without homes can’t afford to buy.
- Time’s Best Inventions of 2023
- How a small plane’s 16-day trip from Vermont to Florida might foreshadow a new era of battery-powered air
- U.S. dietary guidelines may soon warn against ultraprocessed foods
- How Industrially Produced Edible Substances took over your shopping basket, and what are they doing to us?