The Federal Trade Commission on Friday proposed new rules to take aim at businesses that buy, sell and manipulate online reviews. If the rules are approved, they’ll carry a big stick: a fine of up to $50,000 for each fake review, for each time a consumer sees it.
Do What’s Right.
Stand With Ukraine 🇺🇦
Stand Up For Humanity 🕊️
Today is Sunday, 3 March 2024
Last 7 Downshift Posts
- Andrej Karpathy’s introduction to Large Language Models (LLM)
- Turns out big box retailers would rather complain about shoplifting than invest in fighting it
- Americans with cheap loans don’t want to sell. Those without homes can’t afford to buy.
- Time’s Best Inventions of 2023
- How a small plane’s 16-day trip from Vermont to Florida might foreshadow a new era of battery-powered air
- U.S. dietary guidelines may soon warn against ultraprocessed foods
- How Industrially Produced Edible Substances took over your shopping basket, and what are they doing to us?